This is a fun idea to let us all share our personal highlights from General Conference. A meme is a questionnaire of sorts that is a little bit “viral”– it gets passed around among several people online. Stephanie from Diapers and Divinity teamed up with Lesa from Notes about Music to create eleven questions that might help you pay more attention and learn more from both the music and the spoken words at conference.
Okay, so… instructions. Look for answers during conference (obviously, there are no “right” answers – this is all about your personal experience and thoughts.). When conference is over, post all your questions and answers on your own blog, at your leisure. Anytime after Sunday afternoon/evening, either go to Lesa’s blog or Stephanie’s blog, and you will find some fancy-linky-collector-thing where you can share the link to your blog post. Then we can all read what you had to say and just have a big post-conference testimony-and-goals fest. I really hope that made sense. Without further ado, here is the meme:
General Conference Highlights, October 2011
1. Who were your three favorite speakers?
2. Which talk spoke to you the most?
3. What was your favorite Hymn and why did it move you?
4. Which speaker was the best dressed? (Come on, we can have a little fun.)
5. Were there any topics that you felt like were repeated often? Any conference “themes”?
6. Share a few of your favorite quotes from any of the talks (paraphrasing is fine).
7. Name something(s) that made you smile or laugh during conference.
8. Was there any evidence that your children paid attention?
9. What doctrine did you learn as you listened to the choir(s) sing?
10. Did the music enhance your General Conference experience? How?
11. What are some of your post-conference goals?