House and Holiday Plan – Week Seventeen – Celebration Week
Time to celebrate Christmas!
Here’s what’s on the To-Do List for this week:
- Stick to minimum maintenance as far as housecleaning goes.
- Enjoy the fruits of your labors!
- Make sure cameras are charged, or spare batteries are available.
- Put together any “assembly required” toys and gadgets.
- Check and organize stocking stuffers.
- Journal holiday memories.
- Keep tabs on Christmas collections.
- Prepare Christmas dinner.
- Plan ahead for Christmas breakfast.
I learned many years ago that our Christmas stockings and a lunch sack match perfectly in size. I can wrap and sort earlier in the month, label the sacks, and then all Santa has to do is transfer from the bag to the stocking. That doesn’t take long at all. (In our house, even gifts inside the stocking are wrapped.)
Delicious success again this year! (Here are the instructions.)
Occasionally it happens on Christmas Day, particularly when that falls on a Sunday, but usually our special Christmas dinner is on Christmas Eve. The typical menu includes roast beef, potatoes, rolls, salad, peas or broccoli, and a special dessert. What’s on your menu?
We had a wonderful time celebrating Christmas Eve with three of our grandchildren, and their mom and dad, and will have a nice relaxing Christmas Day at home with just the two of us.
Hope you’re having a wonderfully Merry Christmas as well!