House and Holiday Plan – Week Five – Guest Room
Here’s what’s on the To-Do list for this week:
- Declutter, clean and organize guest room.
- Review the progress of the House and Holidays Plan on the first day of the month. If you’re falling behind, adjust goals to a more realistic level.
- Begin planning holiday decorating.
- Inventory holiday decorations.
- Declutter before you decorate for autumn.
- Decorate for autumn.
- Schedule houseguest stays.
- Make a guest room “pamper basket”.
- Continue working on Christmas cards.
I’ve never made a guest room “pamper basket”, have you? We will have house guests over Thanksgiving; maybe it’s about time to give this a try. We do want our visiting family to feel loved and special.
Fortunately, the guest room is in good order. I looked at the closet again this year, and although I should probably go through the box of video game equipment stashed in there, I decided not to for the time being. I did go through the Halloween costume bins, also stored in this closet, and spent time remembering past Halloweens and some of the awesome memories we’ve made over the years. (See here.)
As far as the rest of the list goes, I’m saving my Christmas cards for December, but I did put out a few pumpkins – my nod to decorating for autumn. Which minimalist style do you prefer? Mine (above) or my daughter’s (below)?
Halloween print from MadeWithMichelle