It’s game night, and I forgot to place our sandwich ring order in time, so I need to come up with something else to take. Since I also have a new Christmas gift to use and leftover puff pastry from our delicious Christmas dinner, this recipe caught my eye. This is supposedly a crowd pleaser. What do you think?
Ham and Cheese Pinwheels
- puff pastry thawed
- Dijon mustard
- ham thinly sliced
- cheese thinly sliced
- Roll out a sheet of puff pastry into a rectangle. Spread with a thin layer of mustard. Top with ham and cheese.
- Roll up tightly and cover with plastic wrap. Chill for 20 minutes.
- Slice into 1/2" thick slices and place on baking sheet.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 18 minutes.
- Sprinkle with chopped, fresh parsley for color, if desired, and serve warm or at room temperature.
I imagine you could use whatever variety of cheese you wanted in this recipe. We have Jarlsberg in the fridge, so that’s what I chose today, but I think I’d really like Cheddar as well.
Another day I may also try one of these following recipes, which also made it on my short list. However, I didn’t really feel like experimenting with making my own Hawaiian rolls, (or going to the store to buy some), and I’m not really in the mood for a pizza type sandwich.