One of the things on the list for October was to replace the a/c filters. I was going to save it for later in the month; however, the other day one of our units stopped working. So, that moved it up the list! Actually, the filter still looked pretty clean; so that wasn’t the problem. I had never added bleach to the drain pipe, though, because it was a sealed unit. Since I wanted to try and diagnose the problem myself, I took off the cover and was able to see that the drain pipe was not clogged. That’s good news. And I took the opportunity the pour bleach down it while it was accessible.
|This isn’t ours, but if you have an access pipe on your a/c unit somewhere, pouring a 50/50 water/bleach solution down it every few months or so could help prevent major problems.|