“This was really good!”
That is super high praise in our house, especially for something that is vegetarian, and even more so when it’s repeated several times during the meal. I guess that means I should make it again someday. Your family might want to give this recipe a try as well.
Black Bean and Mushroom Burrito Filling
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup onions chopped
- 1 pound mushrooms chopped
- 1 1/2 teaspoons garlic minced
- 2 cups black beans cooked and drained
- 10 ounces spinach thawed and drained
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 cup salsa
- 1 cup Cheddar cheese grated
- Heat oil in a frying pan. Add onions and cook until soft. Then stir in mushrooms and garlic and cook for 5-10 minutes.
- Add the beans, spinach, and seasonings. Simmer until liquid disappears, or until desired texture is reached.
- Stir in salsa and cheese until heated through and melted.
- Spoon onto heated tortilla. Roll up and serve with sour cream and any other additional desired toppings.
Here’s the inspiration recipe. I’m sure it would be great as is, but I did make a few adjustments, which are noted above.
This concoction doesn’t necessarily look pretty by itself, but that’s okay. It still makes a delicious dip for some tortilla chips!